Monday, July 18, 2011

An Interview with Juliette Danielle

Maybe one day I'll be really lucky and get to talk to people who worked on The Room.  Would even really matter if it was Tommy Wiseau or a crew member?  I hardly think so.  Just speaking to a crew member might be even more interesting.  Hearing the point of view of a sane person.

This article could be old, there's no date on it.  I just hadn't seen it before.  From what I've heard Juliette Danielle seems like a normal person.  I don't know if that's disappointing or not, but I guess it's kind of cool.  I know you can be her facebook friend though and she probably is enjoying a little bit of spotlight.

Here's the link!
(Editors note: How do you know when your blog goes unread?  When a link doesn't work and you don't find out until you try it yourself days later)

Some insight
On keeping a straight face:
"Tommy ran a pretty tight ship in that regard."
Tommy was very clearly taking this seriously and wouldn't allow people to make fun of what he thought was a masterpiece.  Now that IS satisfying.  She also points out a quote that few people ever do: "In a few minutes, bitch."  Good call Juliette, that line is more amazing than I had ever realized.

On the hardest scene to film:
"I'm sure most people would think I'd say the love scenes with Tommy, but the roof scene with Denny and Chris R was by FAR the hardest."
This either means that Juliette has no problem getting belly-blasted by a 1960s bodybuilder, or that keeping a straight face during the Chris-R scene was just THAT hard to do.  Either way, I like it.

A revelation I never knew:
"I was originally cast in the role of Michelle. The original Lisa was closer to Johnny's age, but she had a random accent and a personality that didn't seem to fit."
I was aware of all the cast changes but not that she was originally Michelle or did I know any details of the original Lisa.  How amazing would a Lisa with a bad accent have been?

On if Tommy would release a special edition with commentary:
"Sadly, no. I'm not sure Tommy would want to hear what some of the cast would say."
Super :( to hear that, but it's interesting that she implies that Wiseau is self-aware about what the cast and crew think about The Room.  I always assumed that he believed everyone thought it was as good as he thinks it is.  It's what I want to believe, because I want to believe that there is an ignorant bliss out there as special and amazing as that.

On not being able to sit through an entire screening of the midnight shows:
"The nudity bothers me a great deal."
It bothers us too.  But Tommy is a free spirit and he has perfect buttocks.  You mean that nudity right?

On acting again:
"I love acting so much and at some point I would love to do it again. But as I said, I'm a practical girl."
Translation: Who would ever really hire me?  I'm fucking Lisa from The Room, afterall.  That is all due respect to Juliette, but let's be honest.  The best you can hope for is Urkel in Megashark versus Crocosaurus.

Ummm... on letting fans know exactly where to find her?
"I volunteer three days a week at Purrfect Solutions Feline Rescue in Sherman Oaks"


Also, not lookin' too bad:

No comments:

Post a Comment