Thursday, September 22, 2011

Lisa's Not Listening To You

No, it's not the title of my Death Cab for Cutie cover band.  Simply an observation that Lisa doesn't listen to a damn word that anybody says.  Ever. 

Maybe there's something deeper in that.  Maybe its a characterization of Lisa as a person who does what she wants and won't listen to anybody else's opinion because "I'm going to do what I want and that's it."

Of course she follows that line up with "What do you think I should do." 

But think about it. 

She's not listening when Mark tells her "NO!" over and over again as she tries to seduce him on the chair in front of the door.

She's not listening when her mother tells her that she has breast cancer.

She's not listening when Johnny tells her that he didn't get the promotion:
"Did you get the promotion?"
"No."
"You didn't get it, did you?" 

God damn it Lisa.  Listen up won't you?  You're seriously tearing me apart. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog. It looks so sexy in its red(ish) font.

    ReplyDelete